Re: [pde-dev] Win32RefreshProvider

Hi Jason,

It sounds like you copied the extension as-is from the developer guide
which isn't what you want.  That particular extension is for the
org.eclipse.core.resources.win32 fragment.

Try to set the class attribute to a class of yours that extends
RefreshProvider. Recall, this class is responsible for installing a monitor
on a specific resource and its resource subtree if it is a project or
folder. The monitor must implement IRefreshMonitor.

The "PDE Does Plug-ins" article
(http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-does-plugins/PDE-intro.html) does
a better job of explaining extensions if you're just getting started.

For future reference, the newsgroups might strike your fancy too. ;-)
(http://eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html)

Yours,
Cherie G. Wong
Software Developer, The Eclipse Project

             Jason Chan
             <jc.eagle@gmail.c
             Sent by:                  pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             pde-dev-admin@ecl                                          cc
             ipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [pde-dev] Win32RefreshProvider
             02/01/2005 04:52
             PM

             Please respond to
                  pde-dev

Hi,

I tried to use the default behavior of
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.refresh.win32.Win32RefreshProvider.
 I added the extension point which I copied from platform plugin
developer guide.  I thought the extension point will register the
Win32RefreshProvider to monitor the external files and refresh the
workspace properly, but I didn't get it working.  Do I need to
programmatically link the Win32RefreshProvider to my workspace?

Please help if you know how to get Win32RefreshProvider working.

Thanks,
-Jason