[p2-dev] MatchQuery

The MatchQuery class has been made internal and marked as deprecated.  In the deprecation comment it says to use ExpressionMatchQuery instead.  We compile our code with javacSource=1.4 and javacTarget=1.4.  I can't seem to get any of our subclasses to compile if I use ExpressionMatchQuery as the superclass.  That is, the old MatchQuery class had a default parameterless constructor that was public.  The ExpressionMatchQuery class doesn't.  And the constructors that are public have variable number of arguments:

        public ExpressionMatchQuery(Class<? extends T> matchingClass, IExpression _expression_, Object... parameters) {

In my subclass, this call to the super constructor does not compile:

        super(IInstallableUnit.class, ExpressionUtil.TRUE_EXPRESSION);

Are clients of the p2 API now required to compile with javacSource=1.5 and javacTarget=1.5?  Or is there some trick here?

Back to the top