Re: [orion-dev] Irc?

I'm now in slack - can't join anything and i'm now forced to use yet another browser tab, with different history, different notifications, different mechanics from everything else.

I personally don't like using anything else but IRC since it is so omnipresent/omniavailable.

...but ignoring that - where in Slack do I go to see if slack is more active than irc ?

/max

It surprises me a little that we're so quick to say that it's not a useful open source tool. Is there data to back that up? I'm sure there's data to
suggest IRC works ( however not for us ) Is that enough for us to just
discount a new evolving social technology that creative people are flocking to? I think that's what's bothering me most of all about this thread, and
disheartening me :(

I surfed a little and read this ...

https://make.wordpress.org/chat/

Why couldn't we at least try it? If it fails, nothing is lost? If we see
more dialogue, then we win? Is it not that simple?

I don't know whether or not Slack would be a useful open source tool, but in my opinion if it aids communication, then of course it would be a useful
tool.

Anton