Re: [orion-dev] Irc?

It surprises me a little that we're so quick to say that it's not a useful open source tool. Is there data to back that up? I'm sure there's data to suggest IRC works ( however not for us ) Is that enough for us to just discount a new evolving social technology that creative people are flocking to? I think that's what's bothering me most of all about this thread, and disheartening me :(

I surfed a little and read this ...

https://make.wordpress.org/chat/

Why couldn't we at least try it? If it fails, nothing is lost?  If we see more dialogue, then we win? Is it not that simple?

I don't know whether or not Slack would be a useful open source tool, but in my opinion if it aids communication, then of course it would be a useful tool.

Anton

Inactive hide details for Mike Milinkovich ---2015/04/23 09:35:45 AM---On 23/04/2015 9:25 AM, Steve Northover wrote: Slack is bMike Milinkovich ---2015/04/23 09:35:45 AM---On 23/04/2015 9:25 AM, Steve Northover wrote: Slack is being used successfully by small teams for distributed development. Man

Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orion-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

2015/04/23 09:35 AM

Re: [orion-dev] Irc?