Re: [mylyn-integrators] Loading large number of tickets in a connector

Most connectors download task details in a two phase process.
You can get a sense of how that works if you open the progress view
and create a new Trac or Bugzilla query. You will notice how results
appear quickly in the task list but the job will continue to run until
all details have been retrieved and copied to the offline store.

In the first pass the tasks framework invokes
AbstractRepositoryConnector.performQuery(). A connector may return
task data objects as partial through invoking
taskData.setPartial(true) and only provide a minimal set of
attributes. It will largely depend on the remote interface of your
repository what that includes. A good set of attributes is everything
that's visible in the task list, i.e. id, summary, priority, severity,
last modification date and completion state but it's most important
that queries can run quickly. Trac for instance only returns the ids
of tasks that match a particular query.

In the second pass, after the task list has been updated based on the
information from the fist pass, the full task data for each new or
changed task is retrieved through the invocation of
AbstractRepositoryConnector.getTaskData(). Connectors are expected to
return the full task details here.

Steffen