[mylyn-integrators] How to handle dynamic serverities and priorities in a connector - tasklist - legend etc.

Hello folks,

I want add a legend for the qc-mylyn connector to the task list. I found the following code in the bugzilla connector:

  /**
   * Overrides getLegendElements.
   *
   * {@inheritDoc}
* @see org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.AbstractRepositoryConnectorUi#getLegendElements()
   */
  @Override
  public List<LegendElement> getLegendElements() {
      List<LegendElement> legendItems = new ArrayList<LegendElement>();
legendItems.add(LegendElement.createTask("blocker", BugzillaImages.OVERLAY_CRITICAL)); //$NON-NLS-1$ legendItems.add(LegendElement.createTask("critical", BugzillaImages.OVERLAY_CRITICAL)); //$NON-NLS-1$ legendItems.add(LegendElement.createTask("major", BugzillaImages.OVERLAY_CRITICAL)); //$NON-NLS-1$ legendItems.add(LegendElement.createTask("normal", null)); //$NON-NLS-1$ legendItems.add(LegendElement.createTask("minor", BugzillaImages.OVERLAY_MAJOR)); //$NON-NLS-1$ legendItems.add(LegendElement.createTask("enhancement", BugzillaImages.OVERLAY_ENHANCEMENT)); //$NON-NLS-1$ legendItems.add(LegendElement.createTask("trivial", BugzillaImages.OVERLAY_TRIVIAL)); //$NON-NLS-1$
      return legendItems;
  }

This looks like a "hardcoded" severity-mapping ... but in Quality Center (QC) its possible to define the severities for each project, i.e.

1 == BLOCKER and 5 is TRIVIAL
or
1 == TRIVIAL and 5 == BLOCKER
and so on.

And the number of severities is not limited (i.e. it's possible to define 10 severity levels).

Now the question, how can we provide a nice legend for our connector?
What can we do to support a Legend for each configured qc-repository?
I created a "Serverity Mapping Section" on our repo-settingspage, but how can I access these mapping-informations in the getLegendElements()?

Any hint would be helpfull :D

Regards
Andreas

PS: the same problem exists for the priority ... in qc it's also possible to define multiple priorities

Back to the top