Re: [mylyn-integrators] Questions about commit message from active task.

> Someone at my company is implementing an SCM "Team" plug-in.  They want
> to make sure that the plug-in uses the code commit template from Mylyn
> for the active task.  Since my custom task repository connector already
> seems to supply that comment for CVS commits with no extra coding from
> me (awesome!), I assume that there's some part of the Team API that an
> SCM plug-in needs to implement for this to work.
>
> Is there some optional part of the Team API that they need to implement
> so that they can automagically fill in the commit message from Mylyn?
> Or do they actually need to implement some little bridge code so that
> Mylyn knows something about the new SCM system?

To make use of Mylyn's change set support they will need to implement
AbstractActiveChangeSetProvider. The class returns an ActiveChangeSetManager
that is used by Mylyn to replace the change sets with its own
ContextChangeSet implementation that does the commit comment magic. If their
team plug-in already has a changeset manager implementing
AbstractActiveCahngeSetProvider.getActiveChangeSetManager() and registering
the class through an extension might already do the trick:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Integrator_Reference#Team_API

Either way it should be straight forward to implement the integration and will
require very little code. The existing Mylyn Team integrations for CVS,
Subclipse and Subversive should give an idea of what's required.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel - steffenp@xxxxxx - http://steffenpingel.de

Back to the top