Re: [mylyn-docs-dev] Future plans

Yes. Let’s bring Java 11 to Wikitext!

- Leo

On Mar 10, 2022, at 9:16 PM, Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Leo,
As 2022-03 is done deal, can we switch master to Java 11 now?

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 8:26 PM Leo Dos Santos <leo.dos.santos@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I’ve checked with my managers, and I’m being told that we do have plans to move to Java 11 by next summer (July timeframe). Wikitext is one of key drivers for this transition.

I really would like to avoid diverging release branches if we can; the build system has been the most difficult piece of the project to maintain over the last 2 years, and I don’t look forward to creating a divergent release branch for ~6 months development. For now I’d like to propose we continue with security and build updates, and roadmap towards full Java 11 support for next summer.

In the short term, I would like to put out a bug fix/security update with Aleksandar’s Guava improvements and a JSoup security update before end of October. Does this sound reasonable to all?

Cheers,
Leo