Re: [mylar-dev] Could not restore offline repository tasks file - connector core class not found

Just to confirm, RepositoryTaskData (in tasks.core) is to be used by
connectors for persisting data offline but not extended.  Currently
RepositoryTaskData is extended to form NewBugzillaTaskData but this
will be eliminated soon (and RepositoryTaskData made final as Eugene
suggests).

See BugzillaClient.getTaskData() as an example starting point for
construction/population of RepositoryTaskData.

Hope that helps!

-Rob

--
Robert Elves
Mylar committer, http://eclipse.org/mylar

On 12/29/06, Eugene Kuleshov <eu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lubos and Alena Pochman wrote:
> that was my conclusion too, but I am not sure how to avoid it. I
> followed the other connectors,
> mainly Trac and Bugzilla as templates and they also have their own
> ...RepositoryTask and their ...RepositoryTaskData.
>
> So I am not sure what I did differently, because Bugzilla or Trac do
> not have that problem.
> Could it be that they use their own serialization somehow and I failed
> to implement it?
  As far as I can tell bugzilla is only using subclass of
RepositoryTaskData for a new task wizard/editor. So, the one which is
persistent is actually using RepositoryTaskData as a storage. Perhaps
that class should be made final to remove any confusion.

  regards,
  Eugene