[mylar-dev] Re: Mylar Tasks (Repository) API

(hit send button to early)

I have an idea for a Maven plugin and while doing some research I found out
that you and Jason van Zyl have been in contact. I don't want to interrupt
your discussion in any what. I simply had an idea for a plugin and was
thinking of using the the Eclipse headless Tasks Framework directly whereas
Jason is planning to wrap the Eclipse headless Tasks Framework for use by
the Maven community. Of course I want to see a solution that is as general
"as can be". Perhaps the needs for my plugin idea can reflect how others
(non-Mylar) would use the framework.

Some questions:

 1. What is the name of the API to access Jira, Bugzilla etc (Tasks API,
Tasks Framework?)
 2. Does the API have Proxy support?
 3. What's currently included in the headless Tasks framework and what
doesn't?
 4. Will issue tracker specific stuff be included in the Framework? (Jira
might be an exception here since it's connection doesn't reside under
Eclipse)
 5. Is the plan to create one or many separate jar files for the headless
Tasks framework , so that other projects can depend on it?
 6. Are there any dependencies on "Eclipse stuff" in the library and in
particular are there currently any non-headless dependencies?

Finally, may I ask if there is a schedule (ETA even) on the framework being
available for external use?

Kind regards,
Jimisola
Sent from the Mylar Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Back to the top