[mylar-dev] Mylar Tasks (Repository) API

(FYI, this discussion was started in Mylar usenet group and continued here on
Mik's request)

Hi Mik,

I've had quick glance at the Bugzilla source code in Mylar and it looks very
promising.

I will state what kind of information I am in need of and how I think I will
need to access it and then we take it from there. I'll use Bugzilla context,
but I would like this for all Task Repositories. Bear with me, I have no
detailed knowledge about Bugzilla so something that I ask/think of might not
work the way I think.

NEED:

 1. method to get all: components, versions, targets, status, resolutions,
severities, assignees and priorities (and possibly more?)

 2. 1 with a twist (with search criteria)
e.g. get all components, versions, targets, severities etc for outstanding
(status = UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, OPENED)

 3. method to search on bugs just like Bugzilla's Search for bugs
(query.cgi) allows

e.g. to search on things in 1) and have returned a) actual bugs returned
and/or b) just their unique identifier (id?)

This so that one can search for e.g. all open bugs grouped on  a) severity
or b) assignee or c) priority.

NICE TO HAVE:

 4. General product/project information such as project lead (Jira has
this), description, url etc

 5. Would be nice with some support for Saved Queries as well but that has
VERY LOW priority

Sent from the Mylar Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Back to the top