Re: [mosquitto-dev] Storing all Messages in Database - Avoiding Single Subscriber `#` Anti-pattern

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Karl Palsson <karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, they are different. What I'm saying is to put three clients
> on A, B and C to each separately save to the db. Rather than one
> on B, with bridge routing to a "global node" and rather than one
> client with three subscriptions, effectively the same thing, have
> this...
>
> mqA -> client sub# -> db
> mqB -> client sub# -> db
> mqC -> client sub# -> db

I would love this, but this is exactly what is not possible. When mqA,
mqB and mqC are bridged, you can not just sub# to mqA ONLY. As soon as
you do that, mqB and mqC will also start sending messages over there
also (i.e. they will route their taffic via mqA which becomes
overloaded).

BR,
Drasko

Back to the top