Re: [modeling-pmc] Transition plan for Query and Transaction

Hi Bernd,

As you have seen from the controversy over MDL OCL and the precedents set, SAP cannot become commiteers nor lead the EMF Query and Transaction projects. SAP has not demonstrated activity in these components in the last year.

Ed Merks and Christian are going to have to go through the IP logs and tell us who has been activity contributing to Query, Transaction and Validation over the last year.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

Inactive hide details for Bernd Kolb ---03/18/2009 10:22:36 AM---Hi all, SAP is willing to staff and lead the EMF Query and TraBernd Kolb ---03/18/2009 10:22:36 AM---Hi all, SAP is willing to staff and lead the EMF Query and Transaction.

Bernd Kolb <b.kolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/18/2009 10:22 AM

[modeling-pmc] Transition plan for Query and Transaction

Hi all,

SAP is willing to staff and lead the EMF Query and Transaction.
However there is one little thing missing from our side: Final upper
management approval. We have an informal commitment. The official one
is supposed to be available in early April.

From our side I would, at least initially, take the lead. For query
we would add 3 more committers. For transactions 2 in addition.

At the moment we are internally rewriting the query. This will also
use the proposed index.
For transactions the plan is to keep the project alive and in
maintenance with some additional features.

Best regards,

Bernd