RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] Class diagrams of metamodel -- INTERPRETING CLASSDIAGRAMS of the SBVR XMI FILE

This underscores Mark's assertion that we should design a separate metamodel
for use in the tooling, and interpret the CMOF models delivered by the
specification as a definition of XMI serialization for SBVR.  This is
different from the UML specification where the MOF metamodel is also the
basis for tool design and code generation.

> INTERPRETING CLASS DIAGRAMS of the SBVR XMI FILE
>
> To understand any SBVR Metamodel class diagrams generated
> from the SBVR XMI as SBVR 1.0 specifies them, they must be
> interpreted using what is in effect a UML PROFILE for SBVR
> 1.0 as found in Clause 13.2 of the SBVR 1.0 specification.
>
> Class diagrams generated from the SBVR XMI are NOT UML
> DIAGRAMS with UML semantics.  They are UML notations with an
> SBVR semantics.
>
> I have attached a summary of Clause 13 with footnote
> references to the SBVR 1.0 specification.
>
> Donald

Back to the top