See some replies in-line, below.

HTH,

Christian

On Sep 17, 2014, at 11:23 AM, MAGGI Benoit <Benoit.MAGGI@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Christian,
I also had some problems with oomph.
ð  It’s no working (at all?) very well with the previous update mechanism. For mars :
o   I installed with Oomph
o   Got papyrus 1.0.x since there is no milestone update site for 1.1.0

Do you mean, you have Papyrus 1.0.x installed in your development workbench?  That's expected until we push a Mars milestone to the Mars simultaneous release.

o   Tried the old update mechanism on the installation (reflex)

What do you mean by "old update mechanism"?  There is only p2.

o   Then got an installation with papyrus feature 1.1.0 but plugins 1.0.0

Resolving the feature dependencies on plug-ins is entirely within p2's area of responsibility.  Do you get a different result from a workbench that wasn't originally provisioned by Oomph?

o   Is Oomph supposed to work correctly with the old process?

If by "old process" you mean ad hoc installation/upgrade of features in your development workbench using the "Install New Software..." p2 action, then yes, the Oomph team indicates that this should be supported.  Oomph is not supposed to interfere with any custom installation; Oomph is only an automatic driver of the same p2 mechanisms that the user can drive in the UI.

ð  I also got the same problem with the working directories

Right, I think anyone on Windows platform will have that problem. (I think you mean "working sets", right?)

ð  Last, the internal update of Oomph installer never worked on my pc. I have to download the new version each time. Did you run into the same problem ?

I don't know.  The Oomph installer isn't telling me that any update is available, so I haven't tried updating.  When the Eclipse web infrastructure returns I'll see whether there's a later version available than what I have.

Another question :
 I wanted to create a setup with papyrus perspective at the first opening , I managed to set papyrus at the default perspective but it didn’t worked for the first opening.
Do you have any ideas ? Suggestion?

Did you add an eclipse.ini/config.ini -D system property in your User.setup?  I would expect that to work, but I don't know how Eclipse chooses which definition to choose when the same system property is defined multiple times in eclipse.org and/or config.ini.  I would expect that the EPP packages all specify some default perspective, so I'm not sure how to override it in an Oomph setup.  I've never tried that ...

Back to the top