[mdt-papyrus.dev] Oomph issues

Hi. I've been trying to use Oomph to setup a development environment and I've run into several issues. After several attempts I finally got a working environment, but every time I restart the IDE, the Oomph dialog pops up with a new subtask that resets the default JRE back to 1.6 (I had set it to 1.7 as the drop-down list showed only 1.7 and 1.8; and by the way, the drop-down list for 1.7 shows only 1.8 even though I don't have it in my machine):

[11:39:56] Performing setup task JRE JavaSE-1.6 = /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/bin

[11:39:56] Configurating a JavaSE-1.6 JRE for location /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/bin

The actual value for 1.6 does point to 1.7.0_51, as I told the Oomph installer, but I get the errors anyway, so I have to manually go back to Preferences>Java>Installed JREs and set it back.

Should I have manually set the variable for JRE 1.6 instead of selecting from the drop-down when installing? or is there a way to avoid having Oomph reset it every time?

I also encountered other problems:

* when setting up Gerrit, my password is not accepted and the only way to continue is to click "Cancel".
* when installing the Developer package + UML-RT, I got a couple of missing dependencies:
    - org.eclipse.acceleo.*
    - org.eclipse.gmf.codegen.xtend.*
    - all of umlrt (although when I installed only UML-RT it did work)
* if I don't close the initial (bootstrapping) dialog, the second one (startup) blocks at some point. It unblocks once you hit "Finish" on the first one, but since there's no hint that you have to do that, I thought that the start-up was working for a very long time.

Thanks!

--
Ernesto Posse
Zeligsoft.com