Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] Eclipse Summit Europe 'Advanced Modeling with OCL' Tutorial

Ed,

El 15/06/2010 18:01, Ed Willink escribió:
Hi Adolfo

Thanks for the offer.

I've had a chance to play with QVTo at work in the last couple of days and Acceleo before that. I've been impressed by both. I also played with Xpand but disliked its Java-like partial OCL. I've particularly liked how much of QVTo is declarative, making the legacy rescue QVTi to QVTm transformation much easier than I expected.

Yes, QVTo (since galileo, IMHO) has been a high-quality tool for QVTo and very close to the specification in terms of concrete syntax (with some lacks - at least in Galileo - ), and I have experience dealing with the language (I even built a prototype based on MDT/OCL in terms of concrete and abstract syntax) and using the tool. Anyway, let's see if any QVTo team's mate wants better participate in this tutorial (or maybe they are planing to do an own QVTo tutorial).

The offer about tackling that transformation is still there ;P (It's a matter of prioritization and time), but what do you mean "how much of QVTo is declarative".

For a tutorial, it's helpful to have four or five 'presenters' to pass round USB sticks, and generally help dummies.

How the exact contents splits up may also depend on who's giving what other tutorials at other times.

Maybe if I get some role and/or authoring in a tutorial I could try to convince my company to get some funding to fly to Germany in November. In any case, I really feel like to assist to the congress so I could even pay the cost by my self to participate in it.

Let's see if somebody else wants to take part in this. Then, depending on the involved resources we could plan the scope of the tutorial and how we could split the work.

Cheers,
Adolfo.

    Ed