Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] MDT 2.0.0 vs OMG 2.0 / 2.2?

Hi Adolfo,

This first entry seems to rule out any "small cost" compatibility indeed. If we are to adopt the 2.2 specification, I am now totally in favor of dropping compatibility with the 2.0 spec.

I agree that clients needing to be compliant with 2.0, can use MDT OCL 1.3.

Laurent

Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera a écrit :
Hi Laurent,

I partially agree. I'm not sure it will be with a small cost, regardless the small or big that list is. Look at the first entry in the table I created yesterday:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/OCL/OCL_2.0_API_Changes

ElementType and TypeType doesn't exist anymore. Are we keeping those metaclasses in the metamodel just for supporting the two versions?. Are we creating a new metamodel (actually, 3 ecore files more) ?. Are we keeping two grammars and therefore two parsing infrastructures? .... That could be a crazy task, IMHO.

Cheers,
Adolfo.

Laurent Goubet escribió:
Hi,

I'd also rather see us focus our efforts on supporting OCL 2.2 as best as can be instead of splitting the dev between the adoption of this new spec and the disambiguation/support of things that have changed since OCL 2.0.

The list of changes (as in "break") between the two versions might be limited enough for us to maintain both version at small cost ... but if this list becomes too large it will rapidly become an ordeal to make changes towards the adoption of 2.2.

Laurent

Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera a écrit :
Relating the following bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/259031 recently replied by Ed.

I'm confused. Are we going to support both specification versions in MDT-OCL 2.0.0?. I believe that it could be a chaos if we try tackle that challenge.

I think that must clearly specify what are we going to do, and update the wiki with our ideas. We are 4 thinking heads who must align our thoughts in the same way...

>From my point of view, we must bury OMG OCL 2.0 specification and change the implementation to adopt the new OCL 2.2 one. Keeping two implementations to support both specifications doesn't seem to be reasonable, in my opinion. If a client would like to use an OMG OCL 2.0 compliant implementation instead of the new one, he just have to use MDT OCL 1.3. What do you think?

Cheers,
Adolfo.
--

    *Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera*
adolfosbh(at)opencanarias(dot)com <mailto:adolfosbh%28at%29opencanarias%28dot%29com>