Re: [m2e-dev] Need help in opening m2e project in eclipse

These project files are created and maintained by Eclipse as the normal development process, in fact they are the primary source and the pom.xml are then hand-crafted afterwards to fit those, because of that pomless is the way to go when developing eclipse/pde plugins and m2e is an eclipse-plugin project.

The "simple pom.xml" simlpy adds unnecessary overhead and its hilarious to even waste time to discuss about re-adding them because of the mood of frustration... just MY whatever cents.

That the .project files are missing is a simple issue not discovered before just because m2e devlopers not regulatory building up a complete new workspace.

Anyways the .project files are also redundant in the sense of that they do not carry information absolutely required and we are working on ways to even get rid of those. but for the moment they are a valid choice.

If one really feels to improve something there are two top issues that address these kind of things:

- https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/issues/120
- https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/issues/119