Re: [m2e-dev] Need help in opening m2e project in eclipse

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 7:42 PM Fred Bricon <fbricon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- the pomless experiment (removing the simplest pom.xmls): makes it impossible to import all the projects as maven projects. Plenty projects are missing

That's indeed an issue. We'll add the .project files.

- the JavaSE-11 compilation target: some dependencies contribute packages conflicting with Java 11: "declaring package X exported from module Y conflicts with a package accessible from module". Mostly around everything XML

Are you using recent JDT? This issue was fixed in last release IIRC; the solution is usually to replace a require-bundle by an import-package.

- undocumented dependencies (PDE, Lemminx, Eclipse tests ..., )

We need a working .target file, but the m2e-maven-runtime stuff makes it complicated to write a good portable target file that uses local build of those bundles.
--
Mickael Istria