Re: [m2e-dev] Request to confirm my understanding of how plugin lifecycle mapping works ...

Maven repo can be used for single-artifact extensions. Using checkstyle
as an example, if this is just one bundle, give us repository url and
bundle's groupId/artifactId/version and our tool will generate all
necessary metadata to make this bundle installable from m2e marketplace.

Anything more complex, i.e. features with one or more bundles, has to
come from a p2 repository.

Igor