Re: [m2e-dev] Request to confirm my understanding of how plugin lifecycle mapping works ...

Yes, this looks good. Does it actually work?

One clarification, lifecycle mapping only affects workspace project
configuration and workspace builds, it has no effect on RunAs->Maven
actions.

Also, if you are interested, we can add checkstyle and pmd integration
to m2e marketplace. This will allow m2e automatically discover and offer
installation of checkstyle and pmd integration for any project that uses
corresponding maven plugins. After you get this working properly and
testing, of course ;-)

Igor