[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [m2e-dev] [m2eclipse-dev] m2eclipse extensions that modify project classpath
- From: Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladwell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:48:09 +0000
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=PMCnu+drBeOiQeXvabcRAX7BgDZVVSvTVpJFBGsAvb8=; b=pxYWkQ3RxJSVnDwfZL4yAGOnGVE8UsEcaRjVPnH9eJrtFSMMg71RJeyQ4gy95MHvzp tJ8lrgQa2rhBNce5jtRkOsqyNmmknYM+OmyeiOHAoY0Jk81zKSnD4W46buIwGLIFTgY9 QUli9fWRFKenJn0EJMWwi4sN8ft/Susdfo+4o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=cwCRBptyY000v1Lbxdz9OTP2s2gMixDaNpj3h6vCxgfLOFN2Vk7GaxV9Xs/rGZu25b 4QfFvGPYNGKUZDX89gq4EXfpLNa9pX1YoiEq4SpSgM2T7a23tkHq+1IRPQEa7yyaFeUU obTN66DbTmXY3hVp4yIJXa1AqFozmjcrc6Cp0=
Thanks for the feedback, I will review it this evening when I get back
to my development machine.
Just a quick question: does this mean I need to be using Tycho to
build my projects?
Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladwell@xxxxxxxxx>
Twitter: @axonrg - MSN: axonrg@xxxxxxxxx
On 14 November 2010 23:08, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are currently couple of ways to make this work. You can setup
> custom build lifecycle mapping using pom.xml snippet like below.
> Alternatively, you can provide default lifecycle mapping for projects
> with packaging=apk (I can provide pointers if you are interested).
> id="org.maven.ide.eclipse.jdt.javaConfigurator" />
> Depending on what changes you need to make to raw classpath, you may
> need to use m2e 0.12.0, which is currently available from staged
> repository . See MNGECLIPSE-2313  for details.
> Also, due to unrelated bug in m2e , you need to explicitly specify
> versions of all plugins bound to project lifecycle.
> Also, you almost certainly want to avoid running "mvn package" during
> incremental build (this is what current implementation of
> AndroidMavenBuildParticipant does). It runs on each resource change
> (think Ctrl-S in editor) and takes many seconds even for most simple
> projects. It can also cause infinite build, because same output files
> are changed by Eclipse JDT/ADT builders and by Maven mojos. Why do you
> need to run any mojos? Can't you rely on ADT to do everything needed?
> Also, we plan to make some major improvements to build lifecycle mapping
> in the next m2e version. We track our progress as MNGECLIPSE-2426 
> and you can read some prose at . Most of the code you have in
> m2eclipse-android should still apply, but some changes will likely be
>  https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-2313
>  https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-2555
>  https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-2426
> On 10-11-14 05:53 AM, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
>> HI Igor
>> Thanks for sending me those code links. However, for the live of me I
>> can't see how my project is doing anything differently. I still can't
>> get m2eclipse to call the configureRawClasspath on my
>> IJavaProjectConfigurator concrete AbstractProjectConfigurator.
>> The only significant difference is that your plugin.xml defines the
>> configurator extension point as generic="false", but when I add this
>> parameter my unit tests start failing altogether and my
>> ProjectConfigurator doesn't appear to get called at all.
>> If you could take a look and give me some pointers as to where I'm going
>> wrong I would be most grateful.
>> You checkout a sample test project from here:
> m2e-dev mailing list