Re: [linuxtools-dev] TMF: thanks a lot

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the thanks, some comments below:

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM, xraynaud <xraynaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
o TimeGraphViewer:
 It's not easy for the developer to add a mouse listener on the time
graph.
 (My users want to interact with ITimeEvent and ITimeGraphEntry objects).
 My intention is to open a bug, and provide a patch on this topic.

Do you want to interact only on a mouse click? In that case you could use an ITimeGraphSelectionListener. It is notified when the selected ITimeGraphEntry is modified by mouse click. I guess we would need to augment the TimeGraphSelectionEvent to also carry the selected ITimeEvent, if any.

There could be more improvements in that listener: Do we want to support right-click selection? The arrow keys can also be used to navigate through events, but it doesn't notify the selection listeners, should it?

o TimeGraphViewer:
 There is an API to extend tooltip.
 That's great, but:
 - if there is too much things in the tooltip, a scrollbar is added.
   Unfortunately, there is no way to scroll a tooltip !
 - If the tooltip overflow the window, it is immediately discarded.

I see that we can't scroll, but I can't see a scrollbar? If it's too wide all I see is the cell text being truncated, and if it's too high I see the second issue (tooltip discarded). The tooltip content is a Table and in Windows I see a line on the right where the second column ends that leaves enough space for a non-existing scrollbar, is this what you see also?

The overflow disappearance is because in that case the tooltip shell is moved to fit on the screen and ends up under the mouse, and because of this the mouse exits the time graph area (to enter the shell area) and the mouse exit listener hides the shell. It's a bug...

Patrick

Back to the top