Re: [linuxtools-dev] TMF: thanks a lot

Hello Xavier,

Thanks for the comments.

o Support on Indigo.
 On one side, I'm stuck on eclipse Indigo for various reasons.
 On the other side, I would like to use TMF from linuxtools-1.0.
 Is it planned to have an official backport of TMF for indigo ?

TMF is supposed to work out of the box for both Indigo and Juno. I haven't tested on older versions of Indigo (pre-SR2) but, AFAIK, TMF has no particular dependency on Juno or Eclipse 3.8/4.2. If you find one, let us know!

The only tricky part should be in legacy LTTng Trace Control which relies on the latest version of TCF. Anyway, you don't want to go near that part for now.

If you have interest only in TMF (and none in legacy LTTng), you can always install TMF (+ CTF parser if needed) by themselves and forget about the TCF dependency.

o TimeGraphViewer:
 It's not easy for the developer to add a mouse listener on the time
graph.
 (My users want to interact with ITimeEvent and ITimeGraphEntry objects).
 My intention is to open a bug, and provide a patch on this topic.

Please do so. A fortiori if you have a patch :-)

o TimeGraphViewer:
 There is an API to extend tooltip.
 That's great, but:
 - if there is too much things in the tooltip, a scrollbar is added.
   Unfortunately, there is no way to scroll a tooltip !
 - If the tooltip overflow the window, it is immediately discarded.

Humm. At first glance, it looks like a platform limitation and I'm not sure how we can fix that. Open a bug...

o TmfEventEditor:
 It's not easy for the developer to programmatically apply a filter.
 I've started to develop a patch, but it need a few enhancements
 (API should be available at TmfEventEditor, not only at TmfEventsTable
level...)

Thanks for your patch! Could you open a bug to describe the enhancements you are contemplating?

 Best Regards,

--
Francois

Back to the top