[linuxtools-dev] TMF: thanks a lot

Hi,

I've developed, on top of TMF framework, a tool to visualize traces on a
parallel device.
I would like to thank a lot TMF developers for this great framework.
It was a real pleasure to use it.

After this experience, I've a few questions and proposals:

o Support on Indigo.
  On one side, I'm stuck on eclipse Indigo for various reasons.
  On the other side, I would like to use TMF from linuxtools-1.0.
  Is it planned to have an official backport of TMF for indigo ?

o TimeGraphViewer:
  It's not easy for the developer to add a mouse listener on the time
graph.
  (My users want to interact with ITimeEvent and ITimeGraphEntry objects).
  My intention is to open a bug, and provide a patch on this topic.

o TimeGraphViewer:
  There is an API to extend tooltip.
  That's great, but:
  - if there is too much things in the tooltip, a scrollbar is added.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to scroll a tooltip !
  - If the tooltip overflow the window, it is immediately discarded.

o TmfEventEditor:
  It's not easy for the developer to programmatically apply a filter.
  I've started to develop a patch, but it need a few enhancements
  (API should be available at TmfEventEditor, not only at TmfEventsTable
level...)

Xavier

Back to the top