Re: [linuxtools-dev] oprofile on remote targets

On 03/14/2012 11:39 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
On 25/02/12 00:18, Corey Ashford wrote:

Hi Corey,

I've fixed the last few issues I wanted to fix, and then went on
vacation. I am still
on vacation until 15, so I'll try to create initial git clone the week
of Jan 16th.

- Volodya

Any luck on the clone?

Corey,

with great embarrassment I have to say that no, there was no progress.

On the other hand, we're still planning to do that, and therefore Dmitry Kozlov (in CC), who did the bigger part of OProfile remote support, is now assigned to work on upstream submission for almost 100% of his time. He already did initial merge of our patches with git master, and is working to resolve some semantic conflicts that have occurred.

I've also been working on a remote Oprofile branch. I've changed all local file accesses and local executions to use the proxy classes for remote projects. There's still work to be done in the UI to allow profiling a remote project. I've posted my work so far in Github: https://github.com/rafaelmt/linuxtools/tree/remote-oprofile . I'll try to keep this branch updated.

Regards,
Rafael M. Teixeira

Back to the top