Re: [linuxtools-dev] oprofile on remote targets

On 06/15/2011 11:18 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 15, 2011 02:41:22 Corey Ashford wrote:
>> On 06/14/2011 10:08 AM, Siva Velusamy wrote:
>>>     Actually, we have OProfile remote solution in development, using RSE.
>>>     It presently appears to mostly work. It should be said that
>>>     is not really a matter of tweaking a couple things. We ended up
>>>     changing quite a lot of code. Also, our solution is somewhat tied
>>>     with our IDE, and in particular expects to find some specific
>>>     attributes in launch config (but only a few).
>>>
>>> Yup, nothing is ever as easy as it seems. I'd be happy to work off of
>>> your codebase if/when it gets accepted. Hopefully, it'll fit our needs
>>> as well.
>>
>> We have a lot of interest in this work too.
>>
>> How did you deal with the root authentication issue, Vladimir?  Do you
>> require that the user be added to /etc/sudoers
>
> That's the solution we prefer. Another alternative is to setup root ssh
> access, but it seems worse.
>
> - Volodya

Volodya, do you have any near-term plans to post your remote OProfile
plug-in(s) upstream?

We are looking at implementing a remote launcher using yet another
remote infrastructure - RDT - which can use either Remote Tools or RSE
underneath.

>From your post, your implementation uses RSE, but we could probably gain
a lot of insight into what you had to do to get your plug-in working.
As you said, there are lot of things that needed changing, and getting a
feel for what those things are would be quite helpful to us.

Regards,

- Corey

Back to the top