Re: [linuxtools-dev] oprofile on remote targets

On 10/03/2011 02:02 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Thursday, September 22, 2011 04:36:38 Corey Ashford wrote:

>>> That's the solution we prefer. Another alternative is to setup root ssh
>>> access, but it seems worse.
>>>
>>> - Volodya
>>
>> Volodya, do you have any near-term plans to post your remote OProfile
>> plug-in(s) upstream?
>>
>> We are looking at implementing a remote launcher using yet another
>> remote infrastructure - RDT - which can use either Remote Tools or RSE
>> underneath.
>>
>> From your post, your implementation uses RSE, but we could probably gain
>> a lot of insight into what you had to do to get your plug-in working.
>> As you said, there are lot of things that needed changing, and getting a
>> feel for what those things are would be quite helpful to us.
>
> Corey,
>
> sorry for delay -- I had to check some things. Yes, we plan to publish
> our changes in near future. I should warn that at present, our
> code is not entirely self-contained -- it uses some functionality
> from our product. However, I imagine the patch would still be
> useful as it does quite a few oprofile refactorings.

Volodya,

You mentioned on the Linux Tools "remote tools" call yesterday that you
are a couple of weeks from having an Oprofile plug-in working fairly
well (handling errors better and dealing with refreshing the launch
config when the target is changed).

We are eager to have a look.  I would also like to have a go at
converting it to use Jeff Johnston's remote proxy classes.

Have you cleared any internal legal hurdles that are required before
making the code available publicly?

Regards,

- Corey

Back to the top