Re: [linuxtools-dev] PTP/RDT and remote linuxtools

On 10/12/2011 05:56 PM, Corey Ashford wrote:
> On 10/11/2011 12:48 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
>> Just to let people know that I have updated the RDT branch with the
>> extension and plug-in necessary to allow RDT to be optionally connected
>> with Autotools.
>>
>> The extension lists the nature id it supports so in theory, we could
>> support alternates to RDT some day if desired.
>>
>> The shared code checks the project nature and at the moment just looks
>> for the RDT remote nature.  If not found, it uses local proxies for file
>> access, launching, and the platform OS.  If the RDT nature is found, it
>> looks for the extension that supports the RDT nature and then gets a
>> factory which returns the proxies for file access, launching, and
>> retrieving the platform OS (needed in the case of Windows support).
>>
>> I'd appreciate any comments folks have on this branch.
>>
>> I tend to like it because RDT is optional.  We are free to support other
>> forms or multiple forms of remote project strategy if desired.
>>
>> I also have a branch whereby I have direct RDT calls in Autotools.  If
>> people are interested, I can make that branch public as well.
>>
>> -- Jeff J.
>
> Jeff, I just tried building your rdt branch and am getting one
> compilation error that I don't know how to resolve:
>
> Name clash: The method getAdapter(Class<?>) of type IAutotoolsEditor has
> the same erasure as getAdapter(Class) of type IAdaptable but does not
> override it	IAutotoolsEditor.java
> /org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.ui/src/org/eclipse/linuxtools/cdt/autotools/ui/editors
> line 9	Java Problem
>
> Any ideas?  I'm using the IBM Java compiler, so maybe the OpenJDK
> doesn't complain about this?

I commented out this line and it compiled.  However, I'm a bit confused
as to how to test out your new code.

I created a new C project (not Remote C/C++ project, because that
doesn't have any autotools toolchains I can select) and selected the GNU
Autotools Toolchain.

I selected Remote Tools as the filesystem provider, and a valid remote
directory and connection.  It created all of the files for the example
Hello World ANSI C Autotools Project.  When I go to build it, I get this
NPE:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2011-10-12 18:25:59.703
!MESSAGE Errors occurred during the build.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.core 4 75 2011-10-12
18:25:59.704
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Autotools Makefile Generator' on
project 'test_new_autotools'.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.configure.AutotoolsConfigurationManager.getSavedConfigs(AutotoolsConfigurationManager.java:187)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.configure.AutotoolsConfigurationManager.getConfigurations(AutotoolsConfigurationManager.java:471)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.configure.AutotoolsConfigurationManager.findCfg(AutotoolsConfigurationManager.java:95)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.configure.AutotoolsConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(AutotoolsConfigurationManager.java:104)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.configure.AutotoolsConfigurationManager.getTmpConfiguration(AutotoolsConfigurationManager.java:262)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.configure.AutotoolsConfigurationManager.syncConfigurations(AutotoolsConfigurationManager.java:162)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.AutotoolsNewMakeGenerator.regenerateMakefiles(AutotoolsNewMakeGenerator.java:290)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.AutotoolsNewMakeGenerator.regenerateMakefiles(AutotoolsNewMakeGenerator.java:258)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.AutotoolsConfigurationBuilder.performMakefileGeneration(AutotoolsConfigurationBuilder.java:130)
	at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.cdt.autotools.core.AutotoolsConfigurationBuilder.build(AutotoolsConfigurationBuilder.java:78)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:239)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:292)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:295)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:351)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:374)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buildInternal(Workspace.java:513)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.build(Workspace.java:432)
	at
org.eclipse.ui.actions.BuildAction$1.runInWorkspace(BuildAction.java:305)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54

Have you seen this?

Regards,

- Corey

Back to the top