Re: [linuxtools-dev] PTP/RDT and remote linuxtools

On 10/11/2011 12:48 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Just to let people know that I have updated the RDT branch with the
> extension and plug-in necessary to allow RDT to be optionally connected
> with Autotools.
>
> The extension lists the nature id it supports so in theory, we could
> support alternates to RDT some day if desired.
>
> The shared code checks the project nature and at the moment just looks
> for the RDT remote nature.  If not found, it uses local proxies for file
> access, launching, and the platform OS.  If the RDT nature is found, it
> looks for the extension that supports the RDT nature and then gets a
> factory which returns the proxies for file access, launching, and
> retrieving the platform OS (needed in the case of Windows support).
>
> I'd appreciate any comments folks have on this branch.
>
> I tend to like it because RDT is optional.  We are free to support other
> forms or multiple forms of remote project strategy if desired.
>
> I also have a branch whereby I have direct RDT calls in Autotools.  If
> people are interested, I can make that branch public as well.
>
> -- Jeff J.

Jeff, I just tried building your rdt branch and am getting one
compilation error that I don't know how to resolve:

Name clash: The method getAdapter(Class<?>) of type IAutotoolsEditor has
the same erasure as getAdapter(Class) of type IAdaptable but does not
override it	IAutotoolsEditor.java
/org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.ui/src/org/eclipse/linuxtools/cdt/autotools/ui/editors
line 9	Java Problem

Any ideas?  I'm using the IBM Java compiler, so maybe the OpenJDK
doesn't complain about this?

- Corey

Back to the top