Re: [linuxtools-dev] PTP/RDT and remote linuxtools

On 09/07/2011 05:21 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
Hi Wainer,

No estimated date on the prototype. I have it currently in a private git
branch. I have done the first part which was to indirectly reference
files and launching via a proxy. I still need to create the extension
and plug-in part so that RDT can be connected optionally.

Just to let people know that I have updated the RDT branch with the extension and plug-in necessary to allow RDT to be optionally connected with Autotools.

The extension lists the nature id it supports so in theory, we could support alternates to RDT some day if desired.

The shared code checks the project nature and at the moment just looks for the RDT remote nature. If not found, it uses local proxies for file access, launching, and the platform OS. If the RDT nature is found, it looks for the extension that supports the RDT nature and then gets a factory which returns the proxies for file access, launching, and retrieving the platform OS (needed in the case of Windows support).

I'd appreciate any comments folks have on this branch.

I tend to like it because RDT is optional. We are free to support other forms or multiple forms of remote project strategy if desired.

I also have a branch whereby I have direct RDT calls in Autotools. If people are interested, I can make that branch public as well.

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top