Re: [linuxtools-dev] Callgraph: Strange behaviour in Profile Configuration dialog

Hi Otavio,

First of all, thank-you for your interest in this plugin :)

>When I go to 'Profile as' -> 'Profile Configurations' I can see the
>configuration eclipse created for me. But, if I change anything in this
>configuration, click apply and close, and then run again the 'Profile
>as' -> 'Function Callgraph', eclipse will not use the configuration I
>changed. It will create a brand new configuration with default values.

Initially I think the intent was to have some basic configuration that
generates the various graphs, and that is always the default unless some
user indicates they would like to run a different type of configuration.

>I am not used to run 'Profile as' stuff, but I found this behaviour odd
>because it is different from the behaviour from 'Run as' feature. If I
>change something in the 'Run Configurations' dialog and click the 'Run
>as' option again it will reuse the configuration I just changed. It
>makes more sense to me to follow the same idea.

I agree that the current functionality deviates from what might be
expected. However allowing various configurations to be run as
"Function Callgraph" might be a bit confusing, especially when
it's always possible to customize and run it through the profile
configuration menu.

I'll file a bug against this, but at least for now I'd prefer to keep
the functionality as is.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg