[linuxtools-dev] Callgraph: Strange behaviour in Profile Configuration dialog

Hi,
I'm doing some tests with the Callgraph plugin and I found a behaviour in Profile Configurations that seems odd to me. When I right-click a project and click in 'Profile as' -> 'Function Callgraph', eclipse creates for me a 'Profile with SystemTap' configuration. When I run the Profile again using the 'Profile As' -> 'Function Callgraph' again it will reuse the configuration it just created. That's fine for me. When I go to 'Profile as' -> 'Profile Configurations' I can see the configuration eclipse created for me. But, if I change anything in this configuration, click apply and close, and then run again the 'Profile as' -> 'Function Callgraph', eclipse will not use the configuration I changed. It will create a brand new configuration with default values.

Looking at the code (SystemTapLaunchShortcut.java:179) I realized it checks if a configuration has only default values before using it.

I am not used to run 'Profile as' stuff, but I found this behaviour odd because it is different from the behaviour from 'Run as' feature. If I change something in the 'Run Configurations' dialog and click the 'Run as' option again it will reuse the configuration I just changed. It makes more sense to me to follow the same idea.

I didn't write a patch because I don't know if it is the desired behaviour for any other reason, so I'm waiting for a reply.

Thanks,
Otavio Pontes

Back to the top