[linuxtools-dev] OProfile + Linux Tools + CentOS

Hi

I have troubles starting OProfile (0.9.4 latest Version for CentOS) out of Eclipse on CentOS.

I have tried using CentOS 5.4 + Eclipse Helios 2 SR2 in a virtual machine (put in timer interrupt mode like described in [1]).

The error is the following when clicking on "Profile As > Profile with OProfile" in the Eclipse menu:

"Exit code of opcontrol indicates failure"

OProfile itself is working and I also executed "natives/linux/scripts/install.sh"

I have also seen some irregularities concerning the unittests of Linux Tools 0.8.0 for OProfile support.

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/linuxtools-Indigo/346/testReport/

I also tried on a real machine (CentOS 5.6 + Eclipse Indigo) and there I get also an error (I think it was the same on - I might deliver the message later since I am currently at an other place).

Well, shouldn't it work out of the box?

A vmware image is available here [2] in case someone wants to reproduce.

Many thanks for any pointers and help
Eric

[1]...http://blogs.epfl.ch/article/24223
[2]...http://www.thoughtpolice.co.uk/vmware/