Re: [linuxtools-dev] eclipse plug-in for Linux perf tool

Hey Andrew,
I'm getting very close to having a functional Perf plugin to release, how
do I go about adding it to the svn and such?
I've made it a single plugin project (org.eclipse.linuxtools.perf), and I'm
currently using the eclipse oprofile team sync thing- updates from the SVN
come down to my workspace that perf is in but i'm not sure how to add perf
to that so the perf plugin goes up too?
Its almost fully covers most of perf's functionality (with the exception of
perf probes, which will be later), though theres plenty of TODOs and FIXMEs
to clean up etc, but its working.
Regarding the code re-use we talked about at the start, it turned out that
most of what I needed already did lie in the linuxtools.profiling plugins,
there was only 1-3 functions I actually pulled out of the oprofile-specific
plugin itself, so i'm not really sure where a common 'profiling' layer
would fit other than the one already there =) I mean I definitely used the
same structure as the oprofile plugin but I'm not sure it could be
abstracted out per se, since they have essentially different content in the
config tabs. Really, most of it of the same structure was due to the way
eclipse and its launching structure is set out anyway. I basically used the
oprofile plugin as a reference skeleton and replaced all the oprofile stuff
with perf stuff =)
Thanks,
--thavidu

Back to the top