[linuxtools-dev] 0.6 (Helios) end-game

Hi,

Our 0.6 release -- our Helios contribution -- is rapidly approaching.  A
few things to note are below.

Users and contributors:

- we appreciate any and all testing.  Please bang on the tools and try
  to find bugs.  If you notice any stack traces or error messages on the
  console, please file a bug.  If there are things that don't work as
  expected, please file a bug.  We're rather know about bugs than have
  them go unnoticed until after the release.
- you can install on top of a 3.6 base from our nightly Helios update
  site:

  http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/updates-nightly/

- or try an EPP drop which contains what has been submitted to the
  aggregate Helios repository:

  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/36/download

Committers:

- see above about testing!
- our IP log has been submitted so we can no longer accept non-committer
  patches for this release.  0.6.1 is fair game for contributions.
- at this moment, we have 34 open bugs targetted for 0.6.  Please either
  get fixes in or remove the target milestone if it won't happen for
  0.6.  The list can be seen here:

  https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;target_milestone=0.6;product=Linux%20Tools;classification=Technology

- please try to wind down commits and only commit things that you are
  *certain* won't cause regressions or test failures; create branches
  for new feature work.
- the Helios schedule can be seen here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Helios_Simultaneous_Release#Milestones_and_Release_Candidates

- let's aim for next Wednesday (June 2nd) being the last day we submit
  fixes and leave another week (until June 9th) for absolute last minute
  issues

As usual, if there are any questions, just ask.

Thanks,

Andrew

Back to the top