Re: [linux-distros-dev] auto-provides and requires for OSGi packages

Hi,

* Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> [2007-03-27 22:24]:
> If you are ok with running java code to generate your RPM metadata

Unfortunately I doubt that this will be acceptable to the RPM people.
Thanks for the pointers anyway, though :)

> Also, as a point of interest for me, does RPM has the ability to express
> constraints similar to import and export?

I'm confused as to what import does that is different from requires.
Can you please elaborate or tell me what to read?

Export I guess you could compare with Provides in RPM parlance.  Anyone
else have thoughts on this?  For those that don't know -- and please
correct me if I'm wrong -- Export is used to limit what java package
names are visible to other bundles.

Thanks,

Andrew