RE: [linux-distros-dev] PHPeclipse 1.1.8 rpm

Philippe Ombredanne >
Ben Konrath >>

> Yeah... that has been the case for now. What I am doing is I am going to
> make those cleanups and apply those patches of yours to the tree.
> I am a committer there now.
> And I possibly will *try* to come with a way that makes phpeclipse more
> linux friendly based on your "linux oriented" later two patches.

Cool. I updated those patches because I found a couple of problems. The
srpm is here:

http://people.redhat.com/bkonrath/eclipse/eclipse-phpeclipse-1.1.8-6.src.rpm

Let me know if you have any questions.

> > But don't get me wrong here. I don't think PHPeclipse is all
> > that bad, I
> > just have to justify that the time I spend working on something is
> > worthwhile. In this case I'm not sure is right now
> > considering I'm *way*
> > behind on my Fedora obligations.
>
> No sweat, as I said, I am not asking you to do anything, I am just
> telling that your patches look cool, and I will apply them.
> And I'll try to make sure we have a decent source drop for phpeclipse
> going forward.
> Which could mean that for the next version, your build would be vastly
> simpler :-)

Nice! :)

> And as a by-product of applying that patch, I'll try to come with some
> simple guidelines (which probably will seem obvious to everyone on that
> list) that would help aspiring plugins developers make sure that what
> they are developing is linux friendly.

Ok, I made this little page for the PHPeclipse guys to explain how to
make source zip that are compatible with the 'package build' scripts
we're include with Fedora Eclipse and Red Hat Developer Suite:

http://people.redhat.com/bkonrath/eclipse/exporting-buildable-source-archives.html

When I have some spare cycles, I'll move it the Linux distro dev wiki.

Ben

Back to the top