RE: [linux-distros-dev] PHPeclipse 1.1.8 rpm

Ben:
no worries.
Ben Konrath wrote:
> Normally I'm all for pushing patches upstream but in this
> case I get the
> impression that phpeclipse is not under active development - the
> developers were unresponsive when I asked for help in getting a 1.1.8
> source release when public cvs at sourceforge was down, they
> haven't cut
> a 3.2 release yet and the source seems to be unmaintained (a
> whole bunch
> of code just commented out rather than removed).
Yeah... that has been the case for now. What I am doing is I am going to
make those cleanups and apply those patches of yours to the tree.
I am a committer there now.
And I possibly will *try* to come with a way that makes phpeclipse more
linux friendly based on your "linux oriented" later two patches.

> But don't get me wrong here. I don't think PHPeclipse is all
> that bad, I
> just have to justify that the time I spend working on something is
> worthwhile. In this case I'm not sure is right now
> considering I'm *way*
> behind on my Fedora obligations.
No sweat, as I said, I am not asking you to do anything, I am just
telling that your patches look cool, and I will apply them.
And I'll try to make sure we have a decent source drop for phpeclipse
going forward.
Which could mean that for the next version, your build would be vastly
simpler :-)

And as a by-product of applying that patch, I'll try to come with some
simple guidelines (which probably will seem obvious to everyone on that
list) that would help aspiring plugins developers make sure that what
they are developing is linux friendly.

--
Cheers
Philippe