Re: [linux-distros-dev] LinuxWorld BOF Report

On Fri, 2006-18-08 at 14:00 -0600, Cory Aitchison wrote:
> Well the BOF was not very well attended.

:(  That's too bad.

> 3) Integration or tools that should be in eclipse for Linux
> - - RPM building
> - - deb package building
> - - auto tools integration

I'm hacking on the first and third of that sub-list.  There's the
original RPM plugin done by some guys here at Red Hat who don't work on
Eclipse stuff anymore.  It's in the cdt-contrib CVS module of the CDT.
Also, Igor Foox and I have recently started a specfile editor.  You can
see some of the progress here:

http://blog.igorfoox.com/2006/08/16/introducing-an-eclipse-spec-file-editor/

and here:

http://overholt.ca/wp/?p=62

and the code is available here:

:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/eclipse

in the rpm subdir.

.  As for autotools stuff, I had been hacking on an automake editor a
bit but I haven't done so in the past few weeks.  Jeff Johnston is still
working on the build side of things and his code is all here:

:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/eclipse

in the autotools subdir.  We're always looking for contributors :)

The list of issues looks good, though, Cory.  Thanks for re-iterating
some important points.

Andrew