Re: AW: [jwt-dev] Eclipse Summit Europe talk submissions open

Hi all

Florian, nice ideas here !

If we go the Aspects way, we should code the generation wizard before then in order to improve ease of use, and maybe talk about it to Ed Mercks. If we go BPMN2, maybe an ATL transfo to the EMF model and some exchanges with the guys of the Eclipse project seem in line.
The partners you mentioned for both are simply an excellent start.

Chris, nice analysis.

As you say, a walkthrough is the most engaging, interesting and "big picturesque".
So why not create one that depicts how to add a feature to JWT, encompassing
  * the model (through Aspects),
  * the views (using Views)
* and the execution / runtime (transformation and / or TaskEngineFramework Action on Scarbo and / or ApplicationAdapter on AgilPro) ?

Such a feature could be as simple as "send an email", or possibly more complex or domain specific, or linked to other Eclipse projects in order to show other Eclipse projects might benefit from JWT (ex. Aspects that refer to external EMF models defined using the corresponding editor in Eclipse like SCA / SCA Editor or BPMN2, or simply model the Eclipse IP Process, or even how to manage Mylyn tasks in a workflow...).

Regards,
Marc

Christian Saad a écrit :
Hi all,

concerning the CFP I thought a bit on what types of presentations we could
have:

Single feature presentation (like e.g. aspects)

Pro:
-Might even be interesting for a non-BPM audience
-Allows to go into detail
Con:
-Might get boring for the audience to here only about one subject
-No big picture

Multiple feature presentation

Pro:
-Gives an overview over current development/interesting new features
Con:
-Also the big picture on how to use JWT might be missing
-No connection between different presented features

A "walkthrough" (like the EclipseCon presentation)

Pro:
-Probably gives the best impression on how to use JWT
Con:
-Already done
-No specific highlight

>From the list of suggestions you made, I like the idea of presenting the
aspect mechanism the best because it has the potential - like Florian said -
to attract a bigger audience.

Regards,
Chris