Von: jwt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jwt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Marc Blachon
Gesendet: 18 December 2008 17:08
An: Java Workflow Toolbox
Betreff: Re: AW: [jwt-dev] new view implementation

Hi Christian, all,

I go on on implementation of a single access to all the factories with a
factoryRegistry.
This factoryRegistry is now a point of extension of jwt-we.
The prototype contains the modified code of jwt-we plug-in and the
bonita-studio plug-in (extending previous one).
This prototype (with the 2 plug-ins) can be acceded on the forge of bonita:
svn://svn.forge.objectweb.org/svnroot/bonita
under:
- trunk/jwt-we-proto
- and trunk/studio/bonita.bonita.views
Checkout of both is required.

This prototype shows an implementation of this registry containing factories
for Images and palette.
The factoryRegistry is extended in the bonita plugin.
For ImageFactory a CompositeImageFactory has been introduced in jwt-we
allowing to get imageFactories creating images with icons researched in both
plug-ins (with there own iconbasepath). Therefore added BPMN icons (for
palette and figures) are now located into bonita plug-in and no more into
jwt-we. Interfaces for all these factories have been introduced and used
into jwt-we and bonita studio code.
It should be completed by factories for figures and editParts.

I'm in vacation for 2 weeks. Is it possible for you to have a look at this
prototype in order to have your returns next year.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone.

Regards,
Marc.

Christian Saad a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
> ok, if you understand you correctly there are two new requirements for
> the
> views:
>
> * Allow to bind view-specific EditParts to the model elements
> * Switch the ImageFactory
>
> Wow, I think we're going to source out the complete GEF part of the
> editor one day ;)
>
> The second request should at least be answered partially by the
> existing plan to link model objects with icons in the view. Are there
> any circumstances where this would not be sufficient and additional
> view specific images need to be accessed? If not, I think we should
> stick with the old method. Maybe we could provide the possibility to
> have multiple figures/icons/names per model element which can be
> switched at run time by a view controller or something like that.
>
> Concerning the factories:
> Actually, I was rather thinking of putting that kind of logic into the
> view configuration file (XML). In that case, there will be only one
> (dynamic) factory per resource type which is part of the workflow
> editor and dynamically creates the needed objects (icons, figures,
> editparts,
> palette...) according to the XML configuration. This way, we would
> have all configuration information in one place (the view file) and
> the views can be edited comfortably by the graphical view editor which
> introspects the meta model and automatically creates a valid
configuration. What do you think?

> Regards,
> Chris

>>> 257403) and I’d like to begin working on these somewhere in the next