Re: [jetty-dev] Re: start.options Re: [jetty-dev] Re: jetty7 distribution

Prior to this change, the default set of OPTIONS was hardcoded in the Main.java as "default,*".

As we want to have a different set of default OPTIONS for Hightide, (that can be overridden on the command line), it was moved from hardcoded in the Main.java, to a line in the start.config

Now Hightide can have what it wants as the default set of options by altering the start.config (which is where it really should have been).

The start.ini sits along side of the start.jar (in the same directory) and is automatically picked up if present.

Example start.ini ...

--(snip)--
OPTIONS=All,server,jmx
jetty.xml
jetty-jmx.xml
jetty-logging.xml
jetty-plus.xml
--(snip)--

That would be equivalent to running ....

$ java -jar start.jar OPTIONS=All,server,jmx jetty.xml jetty-jmx.xml jetty-logging.xml jetty-plus.xml

---
Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> I went ahead and added the following to start.config ...
>
> OPTIONS~=default,*  ! property OPTIONS

I'm not sure I understand this.   We can already alter the default
in the start.config file by adding "default" to the sections that
we want.

I'd like to be able to set an entire default start line,
with properties and configuration files in something like
a start.ini

Also I still think we need the mechanism to auto generate
some options.

cheers