Re: [iam-dev] Behavior of POM Editor on Validation

I just tried saving an invalid URL and I think the validation strategy I used won't let it be saved. =) I'll tinker with it a bit more and see what I can come up with.

Right now, I just put the validation classes in one package under org.eclipse.iam.pomeditor.components.validation. But I can move it once we've decided where to put them.

Abel Muiño wrote:
I would let the user save whatever he wants (for example, you can save a java file even if it does not compile).

Regarding validation... all the checks that can be put in place will improve user experience, so I would check everything that we can quickly check.

BTW: It would be useful to have the validators as reusable components (maybe in maven.core, suggestions are welcome). For instance, groupId and artifactId are used in the new maven project wizard and are (currently) not validated.