[iam-dev] Behavior of POM Editor on Validation

Hi,

I'm looking into cleaning up the validation pop-ups that I initially put for URL text fields. I might do some more validation for a few more text fields too.

The old scenario used to show a pop up window when the URL doesn't start with the proper text( http://, https:// etc.), which I admit is not too elegant.

Abel directed me to this site that has a more cleaner method: http://toedter.com/blog/?p=36 where a little red X will be displayed beside the text field when the text field contains invalid input. My next question is this: Once the little red x is shown, do we allow the user to save the changes done to the POM Editor? Or do we force the user to enter valid input and only allow the user to save once everything passes validation?

Another question I have is, aside from URL, are there any other text fields that we might need to validate? Like email, group ID, artifact ID, etc.?

thanks,
Korina

Back to the top