Re: [hudson-dev] New Hudson-on-Hudson

On 2/8/12 10:46 AM, Henrik Lynggaard Hansen wrote:
2012/2/7 Winston Prakash<winston.prakash@xxxxxxxxx>:
Henrik,
since I only give it the web url for Hudson I thought it just used the
normal web ports ?

I wish it did. But that is not the case. The<url>  you specify in the
command line is used to get a header which contains the CLI port to connect.
If you look at the returned header you will see

X-Hudson-CLI-Port 49741
Then I learned something new (again) :-)

but as I said it works against the current HonH instance so the
firewalls must be open enough whether by accident or design. So maybe
all we need to verify is that the new instance will have the same
level of security as in same firewall rules ?
Current machines are fully open and were not maintained by Sun IT. New machines are going to maintained by Oracle IT, so ports are not going to be arbitrarily open.
In fact I suspect only port 80 is going to be open for incoming traffic.

- Winston

Best regards
Henrik