Re: [hudson-dev] [Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions and ideas for JSR330 plugins

2012/2/8 Jason Dillon <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> What is the use-case?  I've not heard many folks demanding logger name details (though I've not really been paying a ton of attention either), and you can generally sort that out by just enabling a lower level until you can see the detail you want/need.
>>
>> In our hudson setup we have had to switch to warning in order to get
>> the logging down to a reasonable amount, even INFO generated too much.
>> So hunting for the correct information in debug mode is near
>> impossible. Secondly the startup time of a hudson instance (15-20min)
>> rules out quickly switching levels.
>
> Wow... sounds like you're keeping around a lot of run/build data which hudson stupidly has to load when it boots up.  :-(

Actually we are keeping far less than we really want, but we have had
to cut down significantly because of hudson's "keep all in memory"
strategy

Rough idea:
1 main build job, keeping 2-3 days of builds with maybe 20-30 builds a day
one project with 25 active jobs per environment and 3 environments,
all with at least 10-20 builds kept
one project with 15 active jobs per environment and 3 environments all
with at least 10.20 builds kept
5 periodic testers with runs every 15 minutes, keeps 1 week of history

a lot of minor helper jobs

Originally we wanted all jobs to keep 7-14 days of history so we would
have history for a whole sprint, but we gave up on the idea.

I will try to see if I can dig up some better numbers

Best regards
Henrik

Back to the top