Re: [hudson-dev] New Hudson-on-Hudson

Henrik,

See my reply below

On 2/6/12 1:37 PM, Henrik Lynggaard Hansen wrote:
Hi

As discussed during today's meeting, I have nearly all the plugins
building on my local machine and managed using the hudson jobcreator
tool. So I suggest we don't spend time on actually moving the jobs
from the old instance.

OK.

The missing bits are:
* Dimensions SCM plugin: It appears it depends on a local file
repository which I naturally dont have (This job does not exist on the
current HonH)
* LiveRebel Deploy: Running into the "Nothing to do" git error.
Don't know why this fails.

* Hudson 2 Core: It has a dependency on
org.jvnet.hudson.main:rest-plugin:hpi:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT. We need to fix
that so we either agree on how to deal with snapshots or point to a
released version.
* Hudson 2 REST support: appears to depend on core versions (Do we
have a nasty circular reference?)

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project hudson-rest: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-rest:pom:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT: The following
artifacts could not be resolved:
org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-inject:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT,
org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-service:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT,
org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-test-utils:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not
find artifact org.jvnet.hudson.main:hudson-inject:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT
in hudson.snapshots
(https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/) ->  [Help 1]

* Hudson 2 REST client: Depends on REST support 2.2.0-SNAPSHOTS
* Hudson 3 REST ciient: Depends on Hudson 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT parent

We extracted out REST plugin and Maven plugin in 2.2.0. So with that release circular dependency was expected. Now the parents of these plugins can be modified to the released version. However, I still found issues with SNAPSHOT versions, from second level dependency tree. I fixed this issue in v3.

* Eclipse: Packaging: Untested, don't know what to run
Packaging is for creating Linux distribution, so nothing to build
* Eclipse Test Harness: It has test errors and failures ?

I noticed one Test class is failing (https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Hudson/job/hudson-test-harness/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/). I'll take a look at it.

As you can see we still have some cleanup, and we need to agree on how
to handle "plugins" depending on the latest SNAPSHOT core..

In order to load the jobs I need the following
* My account transferred to the new instance

The new instance is still not ready. I'll let you know when it is ready.

* Ability for the Hudson CLI tool to hit the hudson instance (from
outside oracle net)

Hmm.. need to veirfy. Not sure if the port is open. Someday, I want to write Hudson CLI based on REST API, to avoid such port problems.

* A java 6 JDK configured
* The following plugins
** Claim Plugin
** Compact Columns
** Display Name
** Job Revision Plugin
** Shelve Project Plugin
** Sidebar Link
** Radiator View Plugin
** Hudson Extended Read Permission Plugin

Interested people can find the job template and script in the
hudson-on-hudson github repository

Best regards
Henrik