Re: [hudson-dev] New Hudson-on-Hudson

2012/2/8 Winston Prakash <winston.prakash@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Henrik,
>
> I've created two cascading parent top-level -> plugin-top-level. I've
> modified few plugins jobs to cascade from plugin-top-level, rest I'll do
> soon. So make sure your job creator tool correctly includes the cascading.

I would actually like to hold of on that until round 2 of the jobs for
several reasons

* I would like to see the current jobs work on HonH before I start
converting the templates to use cascading as Xml structure has changed
and I have not had time to study it.

* One of the reasons I wanted to use the job creator tool was so that
people could load the jobs into their own local hudson and I am
uncertain if we should only make that work on the latest hudson, or if
we should be 2.1 compatible

* I am not done adding the niceties (spelling?) to the jobs, so I am
not yet clear on what can be moved up to the parent projects.

and given that we now have the job configuration in git with the extra
layer of consistency from the templates, the admin overhead of not
using cascading it minimal so the urgency of adding cascading is less.

How does that sound to you?

Best regards
Henrik

Back to the top